Saturday 25 February 2012

When I woke up this morning my head was full of wonderful inspiring crafty things to do today - somehow I ended up getting roped into setting up sylvanian village! which by the by took about 3 hours all up!!!!  Not that I was complaining (I do love a day in a miniature town)  But when it was 2pm I realised I'd better feed the boys whom I'd neglected all morning.


Finger Knitting

Okay, last weekend when we visited the Andrews in the fabulous Blue Mountains - I attempted to teach my 11 yr old niece how to crochet. But alas I am a shocking teacher!! I think she was getting it - but I kept insisting she look up tutorials on utube - and I kind of make mine up as I go most of the time. So anywho - I had my wool with me. Hayleys jeans kept falling down and she was walking funny around Katoomba to try and keep them from falling around her ankles (poor dear - we forgot her belt) so I grabbed a few strands of wool and showed my niece how to finger knit - thinking it'd be a quicker thing to learn, so I whipped up a wool belt for Hayley.  I know the story is dragging on a bit now but I am getting to it - you know how one thing leads to another and so on......


So when we got home I started to finally use up some of my huge stash of wool to create a funky scarf, 2 balls of wool and about 30 mins later - wallah.....


I haven't done finger knitting since I was a kid - I remember mum showing me.  So glad that it came to mind and I am loving it like crazy and thinking I might make a few more.  


I don't have a mannequin to take flash piccys of my creations - but lucky there's always eager kiddlings around.

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either."
~Elizabeth Zimmerman


No comments:

Post a Comment